The complete renovation of an existing 44,760 square foot facility created a contemporary Pre-K through 6th grade learning environment for 653 students. The original building, constructed in 1937, experienced a major grade change within the site topography. The resulting discontinuity produced extensive drainage issues and three different structural levels.
To assist interior circulation and alleviate these drainage issues, we designed a 24,911 foot addition with new classrooms, an administration services area, new classrooms, media center, and support spaces. It also better unified the building as a whole.