The historic Hawthorne Elementary, originally built in 1911, required a renovation to the existing 34,483 square feet. A 17,517 square foot addition provides new administration service areas, eight new classrooms, a media center, an art/music room, a computer room, and support spaces.
The project goal centered on reclaiming the historic essence of this once-proud facility. The site redesign relocated the front door to the original ceremonial entry. The expansion also granted more educational facilities to support both students and administration.